From the Timeline:
1960- First women's basketball coach; Anita Handler (BV 2/17/78)
1962- Female cheerleaders come back permanently (see 1955).
1963- Helen Stevens, Bona's first female class president ended her term after four weeks.
1965- First Lay women faculty hired; Dr. Dorothy Simrall, Mrs. Pat Finocchio.
1965- (November) Shay-Loughlin Halls built.
Shay Hall was dedicated by request of Mary Shay as a women's dorm.
1967- First Ideal Bonaventure PERSON award given at commencement, to Robert Kane.
1968- St. Elizabeth's Teacher's College moves to St. Bonaventure campus, several Allegany Franciscan Sisters become full-time professors in the School of Education.
1969- (November) Women inducted into Sigma Delta
Chi, the National Professional Journalism Society.
Below are the Women's Council shirt patches for 1960-1961 and 1961-1962:
Below are the ID cards for the St. Bonaventure Women's Association for 1962-1963 and 1964-1965.
The Women's Association
also sponsored lectures, below are pamphlets for three of the sponsored
Visions from the Bonadieu
|Women's Association, 1962||Women's Council, 1962|
|Off Campus Club, 1962||Theater Club, 1962|
|1968||The Bonadieu, 1968|
|The Bona Venture, 1968||The Laurel, 1968|
|The Radio Station, WOFM, 1968||Theater Club, 1968|
|Graduation, 1968||The Brown Indian and the Brown Squaw, 1968|
|Band, 1968||Sociology Club, 1968|
|Women's Council, 1968||1968|