After the fateful fire of 1930, the Friars of Saint Bonaventure University not only rebuilt their Church and Seminary, but they had also constructed two student residence halls, a library, a dining hall, and other collegiate buildings. After 30 years of waiting, the new Friary began construction.
The University created the "Friary Fund" to raise the finances needed in order to complete the Friary. The Friary Memorial Fund's benefactors received memorials to loved ones, living or deceased or for their own special intentions. Alumni, alumnae, and friends of the University donated money to express their love to God, His Church and those who serve Him.