The Maintenance Building
Archives Home Page Buildings Home Page
Completed in 1972, the Maintenance Building was constructed to replace its smaller predecessor in order to better meet the needs of a larger campus. The original maintenance building, constructed in 1955, was renovated in order to become the Thomas Merton Center, home to the University Ministries. The new Maintenance Building was constructed on the western edge of campus, on the site of one of the University's barns, which had burned to the ground in 1970. Today, the Maintenance Building houses the Facilities offices as well as the Central Receiving office.
Back to Top Archives Home Page Buildings Home Page
Page created by Ellen Winger, Summer 2010.
Last update: 07 September 2010