De La Roche Hall

De La Roche was built in 1933 on the fire damaged remains of Lynch Hall. It is on the site of the College Building which opened in 1901. After a fire in 1908, it was rebuilt and renamed Lynch Hall. The building was named for Fr. Joseph de La Roche d' Allion, OFM, a Franciscan friar who was a missionary in Canada. De La Roche houses the University's science program. The exterior was built with red brick and a red Spanish tile roof was added as well. The William F. Walsh Science Center connects to the rear of De la Roche through the original front entrance.

For more information about De La Roche Hall, click here.
Return to the Walking Tour Homepage.

Previous stop:
Shay/Loughlen Halls

Last updated: July 11, 2018