The Douglas Edwards Archives
St. Bonaventure University
Audio and Video Material in the Collection
Douglas Edwards Home Page
Behind the Headlines with Douglas Edwards. Vol. 1, no.2, The Space Age (February 1962), Organization of the American States (Feb. 1962). SLPE 2002. New York: Stand, . 33 1/3 rpm, 12" disk.
Douglas Edwards. 4 Dec. 1982. Reel-to-reel audiotape.
Douglas Edwards and the News, 10/14/46, 1. New York: Empire Broadcasting Co., . 33 1/3 rpm, 16" disk.
Douglas Edwards and the News, 10/14/46, 2. New York: Empire Broadcasting Co., . 33 1/3 rpm, 16" disk.
Douglas Edwards, News. New York: Rockhill Recording, Rockhill Radio, n.d. 33 1/3 rpm, 16" disk.
Douglas Edwards, Take One. Eldorado S-1860. New York: Rockhill Recording, Rockhill Radio, n.d. 33 1/3 rpm, 16" disk.
Douglas Edwards Tribute [December 1942-April 1988.] CBS Radio Network, . Audio cassette.
Ford Strike-CBS Network. (from label on box.) Reel-to-reel audiotape.
KLBJ/CBS. 40th Anniversary Celebration. Audio cassette.
Sounds of War, Vol. III, Men at War. IP 6834. 1978. 7" disk.
Wendy Warren and the News. with Florence Freeman as Wendy Warren and Hugh James as Bill Flood. CBS, [ca. Dec. 1946 & ca. Nov. 1949]. 2-15 min. programs. Audio cassette. Donated by Jack French, editor: RADIO RECALL- www.mwotrc.com
Andrea Doria, 3/24/76. 3/4" Video cassette. This does not include any commentary by Edwards. It was part of his personal collection and dealt with an event he had covered.
VHS material added 2008 (2008-026):
1) Lowell Thomas Award, Entertainment Tonight, 4/25/1986.
2) BMNY/St. Bonaventure. In Their Words: Memories of D. Edwards & Dr. R. Jandoli, 10/11/1991. Charles Kuralt
Emmy Award Winning “For Our Times-To See a World”.
The Wilhelm Schole,
4) 1/6/87. CBS Morning News. Starts halfway through reel.
5) 12/31/86. CBS Early Morning News.
6) Pfizer Labs. (1990?) “Introducing New Once-a-Day Procardia XL (nifedipine) Extended Release Tablets.” Edwards introducing new product.
Edwards being interviewed by Dennis Wholly-PBS Late Night, WTVS,
Detroit, 10/7/82. Reminiscing about
WXYZ radio in
NBC Local News. Douglas and May Edwards on News 4
9) Edwards and Bob Faw. 9/29/1987. CBS Morning News.
10) Edwards obit on TV. 10/13/1990. FP-90-5491.
11) 8/21/86 & 8/22/86. CBS Early Morning News with Faith Daniels & CBS Morning News. Edwards sitting in.
Anniversary, 1998 Communication Hall of Fame.
13) 8/4/1987. CBS Morning News, sitting in for Faith Daniels.
14) Democratic Convention. Aug. 1980. 8/12/1980. CBS Evening News.
15) 1/8/1987. CBS Early Morning News.
16) Edwards on CBS Morning News on 65th birthday. (7/14/1982). Also 69th birthday noted on Entertainment Tonight.
CBS Early Morning News with Faith Daniels.
Edwards sits in. (
18) Entertainment Tonight: CBS Evening News. “20 Shows that Changed TV” no.14(?), 1986.
19) 3/25/1986. CBS Morning News 1986 broadcast.
20) Weekend News. Edwards Obit. 10/13/90. FP-90-5489.
21) Edwards w/ Tom Snyder. Final 1 hr. format show for Tomorrow, 8/?/1980. Andrea Doria clip, notes 8/15/1948 beginning date for CBS News, comments on John Cameron Swayze, Huntley-Brinkley, Cronkite, early days, CNN.
Edwards on Good
Other videos in the collection:
23) Remembering Douglas Edwards. Two television obituaries. CBS News. Sunday Morning. 10/14/1990. Charles Kuralt remembering Edwards' career. Entertainment Tonight. 2010.14.93
24) Considine Lab Dedication. SBU. 1991. With Edwards, Don Carter, John Daly, Charles Kuralt.
25) In Their Own Words: Memories of Douglas Edwards and Russell Jandoli.
Click here to see a short video of Edwards from an event at SBU's School of Journalism.
|For information about the Douglas Edwards Archives contact:|
Friedsam Memorial Library
St. Bonaventure University
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778 USA
Information Desk: 716.375.2164; firstname.lastname@example.org
Archives Index Page
Page created by Dennis Frank
Last updated: 19 October 2010